Are you willing to move Bahrain to make a career? Before organizing this relocation for a career search there are a few things that you must research to understand the Bahrain job market well. Being on of the globally rich economy Arabic State of Bahrain has great employment opportunities available in its top sectors and if you are looking for the right job here then you must start to target the main employment areas here. This will not only make your job search swift but will also allow you to grow effectively.
The city has highly developed facilities and the advancements and culture attracts expats and foreign professionals from all around the world to work here. As per the HSBC annual expat explorer report Bahrain stands on 11th position in terms of living standards, career and culture for expats.
Employment Sector in Bahrain:
Being the tax-free paradise on earth this state has a progressive job culture. Being a hub for various multinationals and government organizations Bahrain has a culture of employment. There are six major sectors that acts as the major source of income for Bahrain hence these sectors have more job opportunities.
These Sectors are as follows:
- Business services: There are various companies in Bahrain, which provides business services. These organizations are on a constant lookout to hire professionals in the right domain. These services include jobs for professionals in the field of computer services, networks and communications, Management, Software, Professional Services, Consulting, Training, Customer Service. So, if you have the skills required for any of these services then this will be the right job for you in Bahrain.
- Financial services: Being one of the most developed economy Bahrain is the host to some major finance-based organizations these organizations include both banking and financial services as well as non-banking and financial services. So, those who have the required qualification in the field of finance and investment can try for jobs in this sector.
- Healthcare: Healthcare is the top priority in the region of Saudi Arab, there are lots of hospitals, clinics and dispensaries which require the effective and efficient health staff. Every year Bahrain opens lots of job vacancies for doctors, nurses, ward boys, pharmacists etc. This is a critical job role and to start your career journey in any of these positions one needs to give a relevant certification test and to become certified doctor or nurse in Bahrain.
- Infrastructure: Well known for its infrastructure the Arabic State of Bahrain is a hub for real estate companies and investors. These organizations constantly hire the potential employees for variety of roles. The country has a major requirement of good professionals in this domain so, those who have the right skill set and also have some prior work experience may apply for jobs in this sector. Real estate companies are known to pay great compensation to employees in Bahrain hence it is one of the highly paid professions in the nation.
- Manufacturing: Bahrain is one of the top manufacturers of aluminium and The country is known for constant hiring in manufacturing sector. So, if you are the one who is qualified to work in aluminium or textile manufacturing industry then this again is one of the highly paid jobs in Bahrain.
- Petroleum: Being one of the major exporters of oil in Saudi Arab, Bahrain has got lots of job vacancies in the petroleum industry. This industry has a dire need to hire experts and those who have the relevant skills and knowledge can apply for jobs in this industry.
Although, with changing labor laws it is becoming difficult for expats to get jobs in Bahrain but if you are the one with the most demanded skills in Bahrain then you will surely find the best jobs here.
The most demanded skills are as follows:
- Financial Advisor
- Registered Nurse
- Web Developer
- Health Services Administrator
- Physical Therapist
- Information Security Analyst
- Software Developer
- Research Analysts
- Medical Technologists
- Truck Driver
- Physical Therapy Aid
- Construction Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aide
Work Visa Requirements in Bahrain For Expats:
Work Visa is an obligatory document one requires to work in Bahrain and in order to get a lawful work visa one requires to have a confirmed job offer. This formality is relatively firm to make a compulsory legal presence in the state of Bahrain. Nevertheless, anyone is allowed to visit the Bahrain in order to network with people to find a job. While, most appointment that happens for Bahrain either takes place outside in abroad through placement agents or the expatriates get a transfer order issued from their native country, still if you are the one going for a job through placement agency or head hunter then do ensure that he works on your work visa in the gulf country.
- A completed visa application form.
- The employee’s passport.
- A passport-size photo.
- Copy of the contract with the employee’s name, birth date, and nationality.
- Health record from an authorized clinic.
- Proof of payment of BD 100 fee.
So, if you are willing to take-up a job in Bahrain, then start your job search today and make a great career.
Nikhil Mishra is a marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has a diverse career and has been a former journalist, copywriter and an avid communications professional. His passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice