By doing the installation of Linksys RE6700 extender in your office and house you can quickly extend the range of the router’s WiFi signal. There are two ways to do the installation process of Linksys extender WPS and a web-based setup process. However, the Linksys RE6700 extender gadget user will need to know some essential points to install the extender.
- The extender is booting up, if the blinking green LED starts flashing on your extender.
- Blinking amber LEDs define that the extender is disconnected from the router.
- Stable green LEDs stay that device is now ready for use.
- Solid amber LED determines that there is a weak connection between the extender and router.
- The RE6700 extender device helps to extend the range of the router’s WiFi signals.
- Enjoy a stable internet connection in all the areas of the office and house.
- The setup and login process is straightforward.
- Compatible with any type of main router.
- It supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.
- Must know the default login details and web portal or IP address of the Linksys extender.
- Grab the computer with access to the updated web browser.
- Requires an electrical power supply with an active power adaptor.
Follow the below steps to navigate the Linksys extender login page.
- Initially, take out the Linksys extender device from the box and settle it in the power socket.
- After that, take the computer or laptop and connect it to the Linksys extender network.
- Now, open the browser on your computer or laptop and enter the default web portal in the HTML bar.
- Next, fill in or insert all the details such as username and security password, which are shown on the Linksys extender login page.
- In the end, hit on the login button to complete the login process.
Note: Make sure while doing this method your existing router must have the WPS button.
- First, closer to the existing router device place your extender.
- After that, press the WPS button of the Linksys RE6700 WiFi range extender, and inside in a few minutes push the existing router WPS button.
- Now, wait for a while to see the solid WPS LED on both devices.
- Solid WPS LED defines extender and router connected to each other.
Hence, the Linksys RE6700 setup process is done now. If you are unable to do this method, try another method.
- First in the power socket place the extender in the power socket.
- After that take the computer and attach it to the Linksys extender network.
- Now, open navigation and enter the default web portal.
- Next, the Linksys extender setup page will be open on your display.
- Further, accepting all the agreements or terms and conditions tap on the start setup button.
- Later, pick the ‘wireless range extender’ option.
- In the end, pick the WIFi network that you want to extend and fill in the password.
With the help of the above process, the Linksys RE6700 extender login and setup process is completely done now.
There are so many different ways to resolve the Linksys RE6700 extender issue.
Settle Extender Closer To Router
Settle the Linksys extender device closer to the router if you are facing an issue with your extender because most of the time due to much gap you can face issues. 10 to 15 feet distance is enough between the extender and router, not more than that.
Linksys Extender Software Update
- To improve the Linksys extender software, you will need to visit the extender web management page.
- After that, find an administration option and hit on the firmware upgrade.
- Now, if you see any latest software file then install it on your laptop or on your computer.
- After installing, you will need to restart your extender device to finish this software upgrade process.
Remove Extra WiFi Containing Gadgets
After trying the above two methods if the issue is not resolved then you will need to kick off the WiFi-containing gadgets that are not in use but it still connects or links to the Linksys extender network. If you don’t know how many WiFi gadgets are connected to your extender network, then you will need to go to the Linksys range extender web management page and tap on the check WiFi connected devices option.
Power On/Off Linksys Extender Device
- First, turn off and then take out the Linksys RE6700 extender device from the power socket.
- Next, wait for a while and turn back on your Linksys extender device.
- In the end, put the power plug of the Linksys extender back in the power socket.
Reset Linksys RE6700 Extender
At the back of the Linksys RE6700 extender, you can see the reset button, push the button for 10 seconds. By doing this, all the Linksys extender device LEDs will turn off. As it means, the extender is reset.
Note: Do the Linksys WiFi extender setup process again, after reset.
After the entire study of this page, now all the Linksys RE6700 extender users will be able to do the login and setup process manually without taking any technician’s help. If you are facing some issue after the setup then you can also resolve it by trying the above solution tips.