Usually sold as an over-the-counter topical solution, Retinol Serum is a specialized derivative of Vitamin A. It is used as a topical solution to slow down several signs of aging like wrinkles, acne, and crow’s feet. It can also be used to treat hyperpigmentation and increase the elasticity of the skin.
From social media influencers to skincare magazines, this fat-soluble organic compound has garnered a lot of press in the past few years. People are raving about its uses and are sharing how it has helped them achieve a better appearance over time. Some users say that it is the closest thing to magic, though some users are a bit skeptical about it too.
Things get even more interesting with Vitamin A-based face serums. So, we decided to delve deeper into the topic to know what science says about these topical solutions. We would offer answers if you do need a retinol serum to look younger and more attractive.
We shall top our discussion by deciding if they are safe for regular use and what benefits you may avail of them. We will also talk about how brands like Mamaearth are making natural retinol serum without using any toxins or harmful chemical substances. Stay with us as we take you along!
What Is Retinol?
Dermatologists know Vitamin A as the major driver of growth and development in the human body. This nutrient is also responsible to boost immunity and strengthen the cellular structure, and they thus prescribe using its derivatives to treat skin-related disorders.
Retinol and Retinoid are the most used derivatives of Vitamin A. Out of them, Retinoid is more potent and is only offered on a doctor’s prescription. Retinol, on the other hand, is gentler and can be used by the common masses without any issues.
This milder variant of vitamin c serum for face is used to make creams, face washes, and serums using some active ingredients. These products, if made without using any toxins and harmful chemicals, are safe for regular use and one may use them regularly without any second thoughts.
Why Do You Need It?
If you are wondering if you do need to use retinol serums to treat skin-related issues like signs of aging and a lack of shine, we have prepared the following criteria to help you decide. We welcome you to check your issues against these questions to make a more informed decision.
- Are you showing signs of early aging?
Are wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet getting prominent near your eyes? Are your eyes getting puffier by the day or are the dark circles peeping through several layers of makeup?
If yes, using a good-quality retinol serum could help you get better results in a much shorter period. When applied topically and directly on the loosening skin cells, this concentrated topical solution can do wonders to treat sagging cheeks and puffy eyes.
- Is your skin getting dull over time?
As we age, our skin cells start deteriorating. It is made all the worse with external factors like pollution, not eating nutritious foods, consuming alcohol or smoking, and living in a stressful environment. Ditto for prolonged lack of sleep too.
If you exfoliate your skin regularly, it will help you get rid of the dead cells. But there is a limit to taking a steam bath or doing exfoliation for daily use. To get sustained and better results, using the best retinol serum is the only way out.
- Do you want fast results?
Every skincare product works differently. Some stay on the top of the skin and clean it quickly while others gradually go deep down in the layers before they show their magic. Serums belong to the latter community but with a twist.
These topical solutions go deep down in the layers of the skin. They are lightweight and get absorbed by the skin quickly- and that is why it is so important to choose a face serum that is free of toxins and harmful chemicals. They are absorbed so rapidly that they might as well cause some harm if their goodness is not guaranteed.
The Best Face Serum to Use
How to know which face serum is the best and safest to use? It is a good question indeed. Skincare experts advise going ahead with something that is best suited for your skin type and does not cause you to have an allergy or any adverse reaction.
We went through several comparable products and found Mamaearth Retinol Face Serum to be the best one. Along with our hero ingredient retinol, this serum also contains Bakuchi – a natural herb known for its medicinal properties.
Here are some reasons we rated Mamaearth Retinol Face Serum the best in its class:
- Unique Ingredients: The most impressive part about this serum is its unique set of ingredients, viz., cottonseed oil, linseed oil, Bakuchi, and Retinol. These ingredients gently revitalize your skin, minimize discoloration, treat hyperpigmentation, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Tested For Safety: Mamaearth’s Retinol Face Serum is dermatologically tested and approved by FDA. It is also a Made Safe certified product. You may use it to nourish your skin gently every day without any second thoughts.
- Treats Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation leads to the formation of dark patches on the skin. They may be caused due to a lack of vitamin A in the skin cells. This is another good reason for you to go with a good-quality serum, especially one that offers enhanced antioxidant properties through toxin-free constituents.
- Suitable For All Skin Types: Whether your skin type is dry or combination, you may use a retinol face serum to make your skin youthful. This safe-to-use face serum is meant for people above 15 years of age.
- Positive Reviews: If you check the online reviews of this product on Mamaearth’s website and e-commerce websites, you will find that people are loving its results.
- No Harmful Chemicals: If you use skincare products, chances are that you already have heard that some ingredients can be toxic for you in the long term. Some of these harmful ingredients are parabens, silicones, etc. Thankfully, Mamaearth’s Retinol Face Serum does not contain any of those harmful chemicals.
- How to use a retinol serum?
Squeeze out a small amount of serum on your fingertip. Apply small dots on your face and massage it in an upward circular motion.
- Should I use the serum in the daytime or nighttime?
To get the best results, you should use the serum at night. In the daytime, your skin is exposed to UV rays by sun, pollution, dirt, and whatnot. If you apply this product before going to bed, it will repair the damage and rejuvenate your skin. You can also use it in the daytime before applying makeup.
- I have oily skin. Can I use retinol serum?
Yes, people with all types of skin can use this product without any worry.
There is nothing mystical about retinol serum. It is backed by science and approved by positive results. It can help you treat several signs of aging including wrinkles, crow’s feet, dark circles, puffiness, and a lack of shine on the skin.
Must Read : Coloring pages with Barbie