Your bathroom is one of the most essential places in your home that ultimately determines your health and hygiene. A dirty bathroom can prove to be the breeding ground for bacteria and microorganisms, and molds and scums that will have adverse effects on your health. In this article, we have put together some easy, affordable, and effective bathroom cleaning tips.
Why is it Essential to Keep Your Bathroom Clean?
- Breeding of molds and dust can adversely affect the health of people who are already suffering from breathing problems and health issues like bronchitis, asthma, COPD, pneumonia, etc.
- Disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and pathogens are most likely to grow in a dirty bathroom. These can be fungus and molds that worsen breathing illnesses or viruses like E. coli and salmonella that can cause stomach illnesses.
- An unclean bathroom will have a foul stench. It will not only affect you but also create a negative impression when you have guests over.
Quick and Easy Bathroom Cleaning Tips
Prevention is always better than cure, and with a clean bathroom, you can prevent the distress caused by diseases and aggravating your health issues. We have some top-notch bathroom cleaning tips for you that will be super effective and help you keep your bathroom spotlessly clean!
- Cleaning the Toilet
Apologies if this topic immediately puts a frown on your face, but this is an unavoidable task that you gotta do. To make up for it, we promise you the easiest tips, both for your efforts and your pocket, to keep your toilet spotless. Here are some tips that will surely benefit you:
- Disinfectant: This is the classic way of toilet cleaning. For this, you need a good disinfectant toilet cleaner and a good quality toilet cleaning brush. Apply the disinfectant around the circle of the toilet bowl and let it sit for a while. Then scrub the bowl thoroughly with the brush and rinse.
- Cola bath: We know this came as a surprise. But this remains one of the most effective and popular toilet bowl cleaning hacks for the stubborn rust rings in the toilet bowl. Pour a can of cola around the rims so it covers the whole toilet bowl. Let sit for some time, then scrub and rinse. Easy peasy!
- Hydrogen peroxide: Just cleaning your bowl of stains is not enough, sanitizing it is the most important. And hydrogen peroxide will be your savior for fighting the germs. Pour ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide covering the toilet bowl. Let it sit for a while, then flush and rinse.
- How to Clean Bathroom Tiles
Your bathroom tiles are prone to spots and stains that degrade the overall aesthetics of your bathroom. Improper maintenance will lead to the accumulation of more dirt and grime. It will be all the more difficult to clean. Here are some easy and effective bathroom cleaning tips and tricks to help you:
- Vinegar: One of the most widely-used, effective, and easily available cleaning agents is white vinegar. All you need to do is mix equal amounts of water and white vinegar, and scrub the tiles with the solution.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is another ingredient easily available and equally effective for regular light cleaning. Use a damp sponge to dip in the baking soda powder, scrub the desired areas with it, let sit for some time, and rinse.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Disinfecting is equally important as cleaning, thus hydrogen peroxide is to the rescue. A 1:1 solution of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda can be a super-effective combination to get rid of dirt and grime from tiles and disinfecting as well!
- How to Clean a Bathroom Floor
Cleaning the bathroom floors might be the most time-consuming process, but we are here to make your work much simpler. Keep reading to know the quickest, easiest, and most effective bathroom cleaning tips, and say hello to shining bathroom floors!
- Remove the dust: Sweep the floor or use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the dry dust and dirt from the floor to prevent it from accumulating. Make sure to remove carpets,
- Scrubbing the Floor: You can use any commercial cleaner to remove the grout from the floor, or you can make your cleaning solution as well. You can use a solution of equal parts water and white vinegarto remove grime and dirt effectively. However, white vinegar can damage certain types of tiles, like slate, marble, granite, or stone. For these, you can use any suitable commercial cleaner, or a solution of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide in a 2:1 ratio.
- Rinsing the Floor: Rinse the floor thoroughly with water and mop it with a sponge or floor mop to remove all the dirt and grout from the floor, once and for all. Hello, shining bathroom floors!
- Cleaning Shower Head
Is your shower head clogged up, leaving you frustrated with the low flow? We are here to your rescue. There’s certainly no magic mantra, but a good old vinegar shower cleaner solution is your mate! If the showerhead is detachable, then remove it and dip it in the solution of equal parts white vinegar and water, and wait for a few minutes. If it is non-detachable, worry not! Pour the solution into a plastic bag and tie it around the showerhead, making sure it is dipped in the solution. It will clear up the gunk and grout from the pores, and you can enjoy your warm, refreshing shower again.
- Cleaning the Taps
Limescale, rust, and hard water marks can make your cute as a button tap ugly in no time. But we will help you turn it around with some easy peasy cleaning tips:
- White vinegar: Looks like vinegar is your ultimate savior on your bathroom cleaning day. This solution flushes out the limestone buildup. You can let it sit for a while and scrub it to bid goodbye to the gunk and dirt.
- Baking soda: For stubborn stains, a good scrubbing with baking soda will surely yield the desired results.
- How to Clean Bathroom Mirrors and Glass Doors
Mirrors and Glass surfaces usually suffer hard water stains that make them dull and misty. But we have simple and convenient tips for that as well! A solution of vinegar and water will again help you immensely. Put it in a spray bottle, spray it on the desired surfaces, and wipe it down. Your glass surfaces and mirrors will be spotlessly clean in no time! You can also use shaving cream to clean your glass doors, which is another affordable and easily available option.
A cleaner bathroom assures good health, both mental and physical. We hope these bathroom cleaning tips and tricks helped make your work much easier.