Deciding on the first meal of the day is very important. One should eat something that will make a difference. Hence one must go for something which is natural and nutritious and something that comes with a lot of health benefits. That is why; most people consider eating muesli as the first meal of the day.
One can have fruit muesli in their breakfast and add something like almond milk to it. Muesli is made from things like dry fruits, rolled oats, wheat flakes, seeds, and nuts. If one wants, they can also add honey or chocolate syrup to it. When not as breakfast, one can also munch them on at any time of the day as it fills up the stomach and can be treated as a healthy snack. It is a super-rich food because of its nutrients and it can boost up the energy level of the human body.
Most people are unaware of the health benefits of muesli and so it is a good idea to have a clear idea about them:
- The main ingredient which is used to make muesli is oats and they are really high in fibre. Because it has high fibre content, it can be very filling for the counterparts. Both wholegrain and fibre can regulate the digestive system.
- When one wants to lose their body weight, they need to follow a strict food diet. If they are eating less, they must also eat something which tastes well. As muesli is full of fibres it can keep one full for a longer time. This makes one stay away from unwanted hunger pangs for a long time. One also has to make sure that they do not add sugar to their muesli as it is will ruin the process of weight loss.
- Breakfast should also contain a proper amount of carbohydrates. Muesli comes with a lot of carbohydrates and it can keep the energy level high for the whole day. One can add more nuts and dry fruits to make the energy level a bit higher.
- Another notable benefit of having muesli is that it is a great source of protein. It can improve the bone health of an individual and can nourish the hair. It can keep the blood pressure level under control and helps one to stay healthy and fit.
- Those who are suffering from diabetes can also have muesli as their breakfast. They are unsweetened and can help one to control their blood sugar level.
- Muesli contains a good amount of beta glucan in them which can reduce the level of bad cholesterol in their body up to 10 percent. One can also add some lemon juice to it which also makes it a bit more heart friendly.
- They can strengthen the bone because it has high protein content and when one adds milk to them, it can aid in calcium intake as well.
One can have mixed berry muesli and with that, they can add honey, milk, or yogurt.