Colleges that offer engineering courses to the candidates often select those who have qualified in the JEE Mains. Scoring better in this exam helps get a seat in India’s best engineering colleges, like the IITs and NITs. Most private colleges also follow a similar admission process. Let us check the eligibility criteria for appearing in the exam and the ten colleges which take students based on this score.
JEE Mains Eligibility criteria:
Here are the eligibility criteria which need to be fulfilled by candidates aspiring to join an engineering college:
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 with compulsory subjects as Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. It must be from a recognised board of India.
- Those who have completed 3-years Diploma from a state board or AICTE are also eligible.
- For admission to IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs, IITs, NITs, and other state engineering colleges, candidates should score at least 75%. This criterion is not applicable for 2021-22.
- Candidates must produce all the relevant documents during the admission process.
Here are some of the colleges which consider the JEE Mains score for admission of students to engineering colleges:
|College name||Type||Ranking||Courses offered in B.Tech/ BE||B.Tech Fees and number of seats|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh||autonomous||Ranked 100 for Engineering by NIRF 2020||CSE IT Integrated B.Tech+MTech||₹ 5.4 L – 6.7 L; 262 seats|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam, Kerala||Public-Private Partnership||N/A||CSE ECE||₹ 8.52 L; 240 setas|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota, Rajasthan||Public-Private-Partnership||N/A||CSE ECE||₹ 8.47 L; 214 seats|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Una, Himachal Pradesh||Public-Private-Partnership||N/A||CSE ECE IT||₹ 8.16 L; 176 seats|
|National Institute of Technology, Agartala||Public||NIRF ranking is 75 out of 100||CSE ECE Chemical Engg. Production Engg. Mechanical eng. Civil Engg. EE E & I Biotechnology and Biochemical Engg. Integrated B.Tech+M.Tech||₹ 6.31 L; 984 seats|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad||Public||NIRF ranking is 48 out of 100||CSE Mechanical Engg. ECE Chemical Engg. EE Biotechnology IT Civil Engg. Production and Industrial Engg.||₹ 6.55 L; 1074 seats|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||Deemed university||NIRF ranking is 85 out of 100||CSE Mechanical Engg. ECE Chemical Engg. Biotechnology EEE Civil Engg. Production Engg. IT||₹ 12.32 L; 785 seats|
|Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar||Deemed||N/A||CSE EE Bachelor of Technology Mechanical Engg. ECE||₹ 3.2 L ; 460 seats|
|ITM University Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh||Private||Ranked 87 for Private Engineering as per Outlook 2020||CSE Bachelor of Technology Biotechnology Mechanical Engg. ECE Petroleum Engg. Btech in CS+MBA Civil Engg. IT Btech in Civil Engg.+MBA||₹ 5.8 L – 7.25 L; 750 seats|
|Amity School Of Engineering, Raipur, Chhattisgarh||Private||N/A||CSE Biotechnology Mechanical Engg. Civil Engg. ECE IT||₹ 4.23 L – 7.2 L|
Admission Process to B.Tech through JEE-Mains:
Engineering colleges in India, including the government and private institutions, is conducted in the following ways:
- On the basis of All India Rank, the IIITs, NITs. CFTIs takes students through the Central Seat Allocation Board. In the 12th board exam, the candidate has to be among the top 20 percentile.
- Other institutions which participate in counselling via JoSAA or CSAB also follow the above criteria for admission of students.
- For engineering colleges coming under State universities, a different rank list might be prepared by the state based on criteria set by them.
Students need to try harder to get a good score in the JEE Mains to get into a good college. This is quite important because reputed colleges provide students with good faculties and help build a strong foundation and get placement in bigger firms.