Humans consume water for staying hydrated and do important functions. The Human body consists of 60% of water, and humans consume around 3 to 4 litres of water every day. The water that we drink daily contains many impurities like rust, fluoride, pesticides, heavy metals, etc. that are injurious for human beings and can cause diseases like jaundice, typhoid, cancer, cholera, and hepatitis. The impurities spoil the waster taste and can become unhealthy for the human body. Boiling water before drinking removes bacteria, viruses, and all other impurities that are present. Boiling the water is not possible under all the types of conditions and therefore, most of the people in recent times are inclined towards water purifiers. In these, the water is purified in around 5 to 8 stages where all the physical, biological, chemical, and other impurities are purified. Therefore, the final water is safe and pure for drinking.
How water safety is measured
The safety in the water is measured by ‘’Total Dissolved Solids”. Or TDS that measures the chemicals dissolved in water. It is measured in parts per million or PPM. Generally, 500 PPM is considered as the best measurement for water safety. Most of the water that is supplied at home is purified and considered safe for general use.
Factors to be considered while purchasing them
The following are some of the factors that are to be considered while purchasing the best water purifier in india.
- Comparison: Before buying, they need to be compared with other purifiers in the market for the features, quality, specification, reviews, price, certifications, etc. and after that make the purchase decision.
- Storage: The water storage capacity of these purifiers’ changes from time to time and depends upon the user requirement. First, the user needs to calculate the water capacity for daily needs.
- Automatic shutdown: It will be difficult to shut down the water purifier as the person who operates them needs to check it continuously for the filling in the storage tank. Therefore, an automatic shutdown feature can make it easy for the operator.
- Alarm for filter change: The water filters need to be changed occasionally. The filters need to be replaced occasionally for getting pure water for consumption.
- Service facility: As these are electronic equipment, they can be spoiled or damaged after some years of use. Therefore, the user needs to check the after-sale service as the purifier needs maintenance for better purification and reduces the water wastage.
Types of purifiers available in the market
The following are the few types that are available in the market.
- Reverse Osmosis: It is one of the widely used technologies for pure drinking water.
- Ultraviolet purifier: It reduces or eliminates bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants in the water.
- Commercial Reverse Osmosis: It is mostly used in commercial spaces where the capacity of the water purification is 50 litres per hour and has a five-stage water purification
- Gravity purifiers: They do not consume electricity for the purification but use carbon technology for the purification. This is cost-effective and healthy.