A completely scar-free skin is what everyone wants to have. But, the pollution, stress-level, careless behaviour of people in taking care of skin leads to skin problems. The problems include skin trauma, the appearance of pimples, and much more which eventually leave scars on the skin. The use of skin scar soaps is known to treat these problems.
Basically, these soaps are designed in such a way that they act as a skin lightening agent and helps in decreasing the production of melanin in the body. Melanin is the hormone that is known to impart colour to the body. Primarily, these soaps act as the agent to decrease all sort of dark-spots on the body which further causes skin lightening.
These soaps have several functions:
- They treat dermatitis.
- Treats stretch marks quite well.
- Helps to get smooth and soft skin.
- Well known to clear acne scars and fight the condition of acne vulgaris in the body.
- Acts as an anti-aging agent as it is proven to decrease age-spots and wrinkles.
- Also fights the problem of Melasma.
These soaps are very mild in nature and are known to have some of the simple steroids like Hydroquinone, Mometasone, and Tretinoin. Due to the presence of these chemical compounds the soap might cause mild side-effects like:
- Allergic reaction
Other than these side-effects, some people are advised to avoid using these types of soaps which include:
- Pregnant women
- Women who are breast-feeding
- Someone with skin allergies
At the bottom, these soaps are well recognized to treat three types of scars which include scars like:
- Keloid Scars: This type of marks is an obvious result of the aggressive healing method. These are known to establish beyond original injuries. Continuous use of scar treating soaps can lighten the keloid scars. However, a person must consult the doctor first before using anything.
- Hypertrophic Scars: These scars are basically red marks in appearance and they do not spread the area of injury. Hence, less harmful scars than keloid.
- Contracture Scars: This type of scars results from the burn or some injury of the skin.
These scars are treatable on the use of prescribed no scar soaps. These soaps are mostly prescribed by doctors or surgeons after some sort of surgery. These soaps are specially designed to treat the scars caused by injury, post-surgery marks, and deep marks of skin.
For these reasons the use of these soaps comes with certain precautions while a person is using them:
- The use of these scar mark removal soaps is not recommended for a time period over 6-8 weeks. However, the time period may vary from person to person as prescribed by the doctor.
- While deciding the soap and its composition one must check with the doctor if the components interact with some sort of allergy that one can have.
- A person must check the present medication with the doctor to avoid any kind of reaction.
Overall, these soaps are very effective on the skin having any sort of scars but it is always advisable to consult the doctor while using them.