Is your Mac is running quite slow? Well, it also irritates me though! So you are wondering to reset your mac without losing any data to the factory settings? If your answer is yes, you have landed on the right page. Below are the steps specified to reset everything on mac Book Pro without any hassle: So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started:
Part 1: At first, back Up Your Mac to an External Drive
Part 2: Reset Your MacBook Pro/iMac
Let us discuss the points in detail:
Part 1: at first, back up Your Mac to an External Drive
So, to back up the file to avoid losing data because of the resetting procedure, you can go for software such as Time machine or EaseUS. Using these software’s you can easily make a backup to your Apple devices such as MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or any other external hard drive system.
Talking about Time Machine software, it is inbuilt Apple software which allows us to backup music, apps, all your files, documents, photos, system files and much more to an external drive easily.
While on the other hand, EaseUS, third-party backup software is much more flexible than the inbuilt program and thus offers following benefits over the inbuilt one:
- Time machine only offers the feature of backup files to an external drive whereas EaseUS offers the backup of files not only to the external drive but also to the internal drive as well on your Mac.
- Compression feature is also available with the third party backup tool. You can backup and thus can lead saving up more space on your target device.
- There is a problem with Time Machine; it’s that you have to back up all the supported files. You cannot choose the selective files but in EaseUS, you can select the specific files to backup on your Mac.
So, I think the result is clear! EaseUs is more versatile and easy to use than Time Machine. We personally recommend you to go for this third-party software tool to let your work done without any hassle.
Option 1: How to Back up the Mac using EaseUS todo Backup Software Tool:
Follow the following procedure to Back up the Mac Support using EaseUS Todo Backup Software Tool. Have a look:
Step 1: starting with step 1, first of all, you have to take an external drive with space larger than the files you have to back up and then connect it to your Mac device. Once it is connected, open up the EaseUS tool. Next, go to the bottom- left the corner of the screen and thus click the plus icon there to add up a new project. Then you will get to see a dialog box. In this fill up the name of the new Project and click OK.
Step 2: Set up the other backup setting options and fix up the final backup destination. Once you are done, hit OK.
Step 3: Next, you have to choose the files to backup. To do so, click ‘File+’. After selecting, it’s time to back up the selected Files. Hit start button to backup your all selected files to another drive/ external storage device.
Therefore, you can easily backup all your important files with these three super easy steps. You are done! You are not going to lose data anymore!
Option 2: How to Back up the Mac using Time- machine Backup Software Tool:
Below is the following procedure to make you learn “How to Back up the Mac using Time- machine Backup Software Tool”:
Step 1: Take up an external storage device and thus connect it to your Mac.
Step 2: Next, next, you will get to see a window pop up. There you have to choose Use as backup disk option on how to use the drive question. If somehow the window pop- up doesn’t come up, go to the Apple menu and select system preferences from there. Then select Time- machine option. Next, choose the external drive after selecting the backup disk. (You need to reformat the disk if the external drive shows you a message of Read-only.)
Step 3: Once you are done with the above steps, time- machine will start backing up your Mac Automatically. Don’t worry if the first backup takes more time. It happens generally at the very first time.
Part 2: Reset Your MacBook Pro/iMac
Resetting Mac is not as easy as it seems. In order to reset, you need to go for some preparations.
Phase 1: Get your Mac ready to factory resetting:
Sign out of the following user licensed apps before resetting and erasing:
- FileVault Turn Off
- Deauthorize iTunes
- iCloud Disable
- Sign Out of iMessage
- Touch bar data erase
Once you are done, it’s time move to the next step:
Phase 2: How to reset Your MacBook Air/ iMac/ Pro and any other devices:
Follow the following procedure to reset your Mac without losing data:
Step 1: Switch to Recovery Mode
- Go to the left corner of your Mac and select Apple menu from there. Hit ‘Restart’
- Next, to bring the mcOS utilities window, Hold command and R keys all together.
Step 2: Time to Erase Hard Drive
- Select Disk utility and then hit continue option
- You will get to see the startup disk (Known as Macintosh HD) and thus hit erase option.
- Now go to the menu and choose Mac OS Extended and thus hit Erase option.
Step 3: Finally, reinstall MacOs:
- Go to the left corner of the screen of your MacOs computer and click Disk Utility
- Hit Reinstall macOS
- Confirm your decision at last and hence follow up the onscreen instructions
Time to wrap up:
So, these were the steps to reset your mac without losing any data. I hope you enjoyed reading it. In case you have any questions out there, Feel free to comment in the comment section below.